Tectonostratigraphy and Basin AnalysisCopyright: © Back
The research topic Tectonics and Sedimentary Systems provides an integrated approach to investigate the interaction between tectonic processes and sedimentary systems, including the evolution and deformation of sedimentary basins. Our research philosophy is to use a maximum of geological and geophysical constraints to unravel and quantify tectonic and sedimentary processes and test the validity of geological concepts and interpretations.
Key methods applied include seismic-reflection interpretation, borehole analysis, field studies, sequence stratigraphy and structural modelling.
The research group collaborates with national and international academia, research groups, government institutions and industry.
Key regions in which we are or have been active include
- Europe – Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Spain, Romania
- Asia – Brunei, Iran, Malaysia, Pakistan, Thailand, Siberia
- Africa – Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania, Kenya, Namibia, Angola
- Australia and New Zealand
- South America – Argentina, Brazil